SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A TRIBUTE TO THE WOMEN IN MY LIFE



During my 60 years of life these women have made a major impact in my life.  

  • Naturally, the first is my mother.  She passed away in 2005.  As I get older I have a greater appreciation and understanding of all the things she did raising 5 children, keeping a house and garden intact, and all the extra duties she did during an average day. She gave me my love for garden flowers. Happy Mother's Day Mom.   
  • In elementary school, Mrs. Bowman, a "hard" teacher in a tiny country school, made me think and guided me on the road to doing things the right way and taking pride in my school work.   
  • My father's sister, Aunt Zita, for bringing a bit of sunshine into my life during her summer visits and for making me feel special.  Later in life, she always made our Florida trips fun. She passed away in 2003. 
  • My husband's mother, MoMo Peg, for being the best grandmother any child could have.  My two children loved her dearly and have special memories of their trips to K-Mart, sharing Klondike bars and laffy taffy, and playing games together.  She passed away in 1990.  Happy Mother's Day MoMo Peg.
  • My husband's aunt, Aunt Olga.  What a wonderful woman in every regard.  She had a heart of gold and dearly loved her family and shared that love with us.  When we moved to Texas, she became our surrogate mother and grandmother for our children.  She cooked wonderful comfort food, loved to play dominoes, and gave me my love for sewing.  She passed away in 2008.  Happy Mother's Day Aunt Olga.

No comments:

Post a Comment