SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"SIT A SPELL"

I came across this "Southernism Of The Month" in my March issue of Southern Living magazine.  It brought back memories of my first home's large front porch with 2 porch swings.  I have fond memories of swinging while watching the older kids play and snuggling with my Grandma T.  This was back in the days when kids played hopscotch, jacks, jump rope, kick the can, tag, hide-n-seek, and at night catching lightning bugs in jars.  Sweet memories of childhood.

"Sit a spell" refers to the southern hospitality of inviting guests or neighbors to come and rest a while.  Picture a shaded area with rocking chairs (or porch swings) and glasses of tea or lemonade.  Neighbors catching up on the latest gossip while watching their little ones play in the front yard. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks, idylic, it's a far cry from Inner London! Lol. Following you from facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think FB is not working well. I clicked on like and tried to leave a comment on your wall but it wasn't having it. Anyway looked in your shop and loved the cupcake blankets. :)

    ReplyDelete