SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Monday, March 11, 2013

MY MOTHER'S DINING ROOM TABLE


I inherited my mother's dining room table when she died. This was a sentimental piece of furniture for me because I remember the family eating our evening dinner on it daily when we lived in a small town. When my parents moved to the country and built a home; it was moved to the basement since we only had a big kitchen which included a large dining area. Through the years it was used for a variety of things. My little brother had it for a few years and "refinished" it. By the time I received it, it had a dark finish and only 2 remaining side chairs. I had a furniture builder strip, repair, and reconstruct the table into two separate desks. The desk shown above is mounted to the study's window wall alcove. It has 2 newly made side cabinets with drawers attached to the desk. The other desk shown below is mounted to a wall shelf unit. The remaining two chairs will be refinished and assembled to complete the project.

I am so pleased to have this re-purposed furniture to enjoy. I hope my mom and dad are pleased with the way it has turned out and that it will be used daily by one of their children.


No comments:

Post a Comment