Butterflies are some of the most beautiful and interesting creatures on Earth. A butterfly garden is an easy way to see more butterflies and to help build new habitats for them. It is easy to increase the number and variety of butterflies in your yard. Simply grow the plants butterfly caterpillars and adults like to eat!
The following link provides you with a variety of subjects pertaining to butterfly gardening:
- Creating a Butterfly Garden (the basics to get started)
- Butterfly Nectar Plants (plants adult butterflies like)
- Butterfly Host Plants (plants caterpillars like)
- Butterfly Gardening by Area (what butterflies live in your area)
- Butterfly Garden Plans (the layout and design)
- Butterfly Behavior To Watch in the Garden (feeding, basking, etc)
- Sprucing Up Your Butterfly Garden (spruce up your existing garden)
Raise Butterflies & Build Them a Home (add butterflies to your garden)
Here are some butterflies you will see in the north central Texas area.