- SPLIT THE DOUGHWork with half of the cookie dough at a time when rolling or cutting cookies. Keep the other half refrigerated. Chilled dough is easier to handle.
- CHOOSE BAKING SHEETS WISELYBake cookies on shiny, heavy aluminum baking sheets without sides so it will be easier to slide cookies onto a cooling rack.
- KNOW HOW TO GREASEGrease baking sheets with cooking spray or solid shortening instead of butter or margarine.
- USE PARCHMENT PAPERParchment paper eliminates the need for greasing baking sheets. It promotes even browning.
- DON'T OVERLOAD THE OVENBake one sheet of cookies at a time on the middle oven rack.
- BE CAREFUL WITH OVERBAKINGCheck cookies for doneness at the minimum baking time.
- USE COOLED BAKING SHEETSCool baking sheets between batches before reusing; wipe the surface of each with a paper towel.
- COOL BEFORE STORINGCool cookies completely before storing them in an airtight containers.