SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Thursday, November 5, 2015

THANKFULNESS THOUGHT # 5

I am thankful for my mother who instilled in me the love for flower gardening and sewing. Growing up I never realized all the different roles she played as a wife and mother. Her father died when she was very young and her mother had a hard time providing for their family. These early-life experiences and living through the depression instilled in her how to eke out the most she could in providing for her own family. Christmas still remains my most favorite holiday because of the memories I had as a child which was attributed to Mom making it special. Love you Mom. May you rest in peace.
  
My mother had a "green thumb" and could grow flowers from seeds, cuttings, etc. Some of her favorite flowers were irises and hydrangeas. I have lots of irises in my flower beds, but I am still trying to grow hydrangeas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment