SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A YEAR AGO TODAY MY WORLD CAME CRASHING DOWN

A year ago this morning I had my annual diagnostic mammogram. After the mammogram and ultrasound, the doctor told me he thought it was probably a benign fibroadenoma, something a lot of older women develop; and not to worry since it hadn't been present in 2012. He suggested a follow-up ultrasound in 3-6 months or a biopsy - choice was up to me. My gut feeling was this is serious and I need to take action now. Dr. Mary Brian did my biopsy and was concerned with the "look" of the specimen, but she didn't want to speculate. The biopsy results confirmed our suspicions - carcinoma. CANCER is an ugly word you don't want to hear. Thus, the beginning of my breast cancer journey. 
Ladies, have you had your yearly mammogram? 
If not, schedule it today - it can be life saving!
From here on, I will make blog posts of my breast cancer journey in hopes that it will create more awareness and help anyone else who hears those dreaded words, "You have breast cancer."

No comments:

Post a Comment