SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I AM A SURVIVOR!

I attended my first Baylor Sammons Cancer Center's annual breast cancer survivors luncheon on Friday, October 11, 2013. My daughter, Cathy, and friend/survivor, Amy, attended. The medical update was given by Dr. Mabel Mardones, who did her fellowship with my medical oncologist, Dr. Pippen. The keynote speaker was Michelle Berndt, who is also from Mansfield. Small world! She gave a very heartfelt recap of her journey and "finding your purpose in life". You can view a video clip of Meet Michelle Berndt, a Cancer Survivor Profiled in "Dallas Hope" by Good Morning Texas and her story.
I am cancer free! On a yearly basis, I will continue to see my breast cancer surgeon, medical oncologist, and reconstruction surgeon. Since I had the double mastectomy, I won't need yearly mammograms, but I will do monthly self breast exams and take my prescribed medicine. Michelle is correct, I too thank God for each and every day! 

Here are additional links from The Susan G. Komen website:


No comments:

Post a Comment