- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5 cups toasted pecan halves
Stir together first 5 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234°.
- Remove from heat, and vigorously stir in pecans. Spoon pecan mixture onto wax paper, spreading in an even layer. Let stand 20 minutes or until firm. Break praline-coated pecans apart into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Freeze in an airtight container or zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 1 month.
- Southern Living DECEMBER 2005