SPECIALIZING IN UNIQUE GIFTS FOR BABIES AND CHILDREN

Monday, April 21, 2014

BREAST RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY

Thursday, September 19th will always be remembered as my "boobie day"! You must have a sense of humor to get through this cancer ordeal!

In this reconstruction phase, Dr. Morales will remove the expanders and insert silicon gel implants. These implants are an improved gelatinous silicon which is better than the old liquid silicon. The out-patient surgery will take about 2 hours. I would have surgery early in the morning and be released by mid-afternoon. My friend and cancer survivor, Amy, said this would be much easier than the mastectomy surgery. I am ready to go and less anxious this time.


Stacy, my neighborhood baker, made her classic cinnamon rolls for me to give to all the surgical staff. Due to surgery, I couldn't taste these delicious goodies!

Overall, the surgical procedure was a "walk in the park" compared to the mastectomy. This time I did not require drains, so the recovery period was much easier. I did have more reaction to the anesthesia. I remember little from the time I left for the OR to waking up at home. Cathy said I was more nauseated this time. Glad I couldn't remember it! I am so thankful and blessed to have Pat and Cathy taking care of everything! My faith has also played a major component in being strong throughout. Every morning and night I thank God for giving me another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment