I had my breast MRI on Friday, May 3rd and would get the results on Monday. I was going to find out for sure if my cancer had spread. This time the waiting was awful. I was getting closer to a definitive answer. Was the cancer in-situ or invasive? Would I need a lumpectomy or a mastectomy? Would I need radiation and/or chemotherapy? So many unanswered questions!
Luckily, my weekend was filled with overnight visitors, community activities, and Sunday lunch with good family friends. My daughter, Cathy, urged me to post my ordeal on Facebook. By nature I am a very private person - the one in the crowd who listens more than talks, so this was awkward for me to do. I am so glad I listened to her. I was overwhelmed by the love, support, and prayers from everyone. I can't tell you how important it is to have a good support base.
Monday - no MRI results. Ugh!
Tuesday Dr. Brian calls to set up an appointment on Thursday, May 9th for a second-look ultrasound. The MRI showed 3 more suspicious areas in the left breast.